Are you eligible for course funding?
A number of electrical qualifications are covered under the Government’s ‘Free Courses for Jobs’ offer (in England), so you may be able to benefit for funding if you’re eligible under this initiative.
Who is eligible?
- You must be aged 19 or over and do not already hold a Level 3 qualification.
- From April 2022, anyone unemployed or earning below the National Living Wage will be eligible regardless of what qualifications you hold.
What qualifications are on offer?
- City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Electrical Installation (450) – ref 60173075
- EAL Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Electrical Installation – ref 60145638
- City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) – ref 50122320*
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment) – 50116058*
*To take the NVQ Level 3 Diploma you would need the technical certificate and be working in the industry.
More information about the initiative can be found on the Free Courses for Jobs webpage
You can also search for a Level 3 electrical course via the National Careers Service – this link lands on a electrical search page, you just need to enter your postcode for tailored results: search electrical courses